It's been a week since my last post, but I have a good excuse! My sunset manicure actually lasted that long! This is a record for me. Normally, my polish starts to chip after 3 days at the most.

Today I'm taking a break from the 30 day challenge to show you a manicure I did for a different challenge. This was more of a personal challeng. My guild leader from my World of Warcraft (yeah...I'm a geek) guild challenged me to do parrot nails. So, I gave it a shot! There are a few things I'd do differently if I do something similar again, but for the most part I'm happy with it.


I used Kleancolor Blue Pearl for the background, and I'm not thrilled with it. For one thing, it's pretty sheer, and I'm just not a big fan of sheer polishes. It probably would have been better if I'd used underwear with it, but I did 3 coats of color instead. Also, I don't really care for how it looks with my skin tone. I probably won't be using much of this color. Maybe I'll use it to franken. I stamped fern leaves on top for the birds to sit on using BM03 and China Glaze Holly-day.

For the birds, I used the plastic bag decal technique, and various stash polishes, though most of them were Kleancolor. After I applied them to my nails, I topped the whole thing with Seche Vite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog