Now that St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, it's back to challenge nails for me. Today is day 9: Rainbow. Now, I tried and tried to do traditional rainbows. I tried multiple techniques, but I didn't like how any of them came out. So I thought about it, and I decided that rainbow doesn't necessarily mean an actual rainbow, but just a rainbow of colors. I'd read about watercolor nails, and gave it a go! Now, I think this technique might work better with fewer colors, but I still like how it turned out.


I started off with my normal bases, then put on 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White. I used Seche Vite on top to make it less likely that I'd end up with bald spots when I applied the color. Then, the fun began! I used 6 colors: China Glaze Poinsetta, LA Colors Art Deco Nail Striper in Yellow, a no name bright blue that came in a pack from Big Lots, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed, Zoya Holly, and Revlon Impulsive. I used yet another coat of SV on top to give it a nice shine, which I once again completely failed to capture with my picture. Someday I'll get around to making a lightbox, and maybe getting a different camera....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog