Just a quick post this morning. It's a blah day, and I'm tired. But I took mani pictures yesterday when there was sun. I wanted to make sure I got a picture before I put together my new bike because I was sure I'd wreck my polish when I did. Guess what, I didn't! My nails are still chip free and I have an assembled bike. Yay! Anyway, I wanted something bright after that last blah manicure, so of course it had to be neon and glitter!


After my normal bases, I started with a quick coat of SH Insta-dri Whirlwind White as underwear. I love this white. It is my favorite white ever. I can't find it anywhere! I grabbed one bottle when I found it in a spring colors display, and now no one has it. I only got one bottle because I wanted to make sure I liked it. I don't know why it's not part of the permanent Insta-dri display. I've been stalking ebay for it, and I've gotten to the point that I'm seriously thinking of buying a lot of 4 or 5 bottles. I may have lost my mind.

Anyway, two coats of Jesse's Girl Baby Cakes later and I had OMGSLAPYOUINTHEFACE pink nails. I decided it needed glitter. So I got out my NOPI Rainbow in the S-Kylie. Husband bought it for me a while ago, and he was so happy with himself! He was shocked at the price. I didn't tell him that I have bottles of polish that cost more! I didn't want to just slap on a couple coats of glitter and call it a day, so I decided to attempt a glitter gradient. I don't think I did that great of a job. Actually, I think it's mostly the polish. I guess the combination of the different sizes of glitter just doesn't work too well as a gradient. Still, it's a bit different, and I like how it turned out. I only used once coat of SV, but I'm thinking I need another. My nails aren't smooth, and it bugs me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog