Day 8 of the challenge: Metallic! I used one of my favorite polishes of all time for this mani. Unfortunately, I bought it years ago (before I really got into doing my nails) and they don't appear to actually make it anymore :(


The silver is WnW Precious Metals in Steel. I love it. I don't know why. I just do. I decided to mix it up by trying out my new crackle, Pure Ice Crackle in Strobe Light. I have to say, I'm really pleased with it. I have a couple other crackle polishes: one of the China Glaze metallic crackles and Sally Hansen Crackle in Ink Spot. I have to say, I've always been disappointed and frustrated with the SH crackle. No matter how thick or thin a layer I'd use, it would not crack nicely. I always get vertical cracks with no horizontal cracking what-so-ever. I tried applying it faster. I tried applying it slower. I tried using it over topcoat. I tried using it straight on the polish. I tried bone dry polish. I tried mostly dry polish. I tried everything. And I was sad, because I really like the way crackle looks. Then someone recommended the Pure Ice crackles. I got one a few weeks ago, and was really impressed with it, so when I saw the black at Walgreens, I had to grab it. And I'm glad I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog