Moving on with the 30 day challenge, I did lines. This is a pretty simple mani, but a wee bit different. See, I just redyed my hair. Until a few days ago, it was teal. But I decided it was time for a change, and went and bought a few different colors of dye and then spent 2 days trying to decide what to do to it. I ended up going with orange and pink. Bright orange and pink. So, I did my nails to match!

See? Pretty close, I think!

I started with Orly Bonder as a base. I skipped my normal Nailtiques 2 this time. I couldn't come up with a mani I liked, and after the 3rd time I took it all off, I decided to stop wasting the treatment. That stuff's expensive! I think when this bottle is gone I'm going to go back to one of the NailTek treatments. They seem to work just as well for me, at about 1/4 of the cost. Anyway! After my base coat, I did 2 coats of Kleancolor Neon Pink and slapped on a coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. I've started using the Revlon between my base color and any design elements I do. It seems to even out the base if there are imperfections and helps seal it in. My manicures have been lasting longer since I started doing this. Once that had set, I striped it with Kleancolor Mango and topped the whole  thing off with Seche Vite.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the pink and orange hair. I might just do all pink next time I dye. Or try combining the two differently. Or do pink and purple. Or some other color combination. Who knows!


Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog