The orange really didn't last long. I just wasn't satisfied with the dots :( So, on to yellow!! Unfortunately, the weather here is still dismal and I don't have a good light source yet. I'm planning on putting together a homemade lightbox soon, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. So, this is the best picture I could get, and it still doesn't capture the rainbow loveliness that is Finger Paints Twisted. My hands look freakishly dry too, since I didn't want to take a minute to moisturize and miss the wee bit of, well, I won't call it sun, but brightness that we got.





I started off with Nailtiques 2 and Orly Bonder, like always. Then I gave my Sally Hansen Insta-dri Whirlwind White a try. And boy, was I impressed with it. If I'd gone a bit slower and been a bit more careful, it would have covered streak-free in one coat. But since I was just using it for a base I wasn't as careful as I would have been if I'd been wearing it alone. Still, I was really happy with it. So after the white was down, I added 2 coats of Orly Sparked. The last few times I used this, it stained my nails through both  my basecoat and my nail treatment, which is why I decided to put down white first. Also, the white helps the color stand out more. I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I added 2 coats of Finger Paints Twisted before putting on 2 coats of Seche Vite. It was odd, even though I used SV, my nails still felt pitted where the flakes were sitting, but after the second coat they were smooth. 

All in all, this manicure is ok. The yellow isn't quite saturated enough for my liking, and I'm really craving something bright and flashy with this gray weather. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 The Painted Hedgehog